This is a super easy single bowl cookie recipe that is gluten free and also free of oil, eggs, and butter.
2 cups almond flour (alternative option: 1 cup almond flour + 4 tablespoons teff flour)
6 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
4 tablespoons of water (or more as needed)
OPTIONAL: Dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, jam (for thumbprint option), shaved toasted almond, chocolate covered almond insert
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt (breaking up any lumps in the flour and sugar).
- Add water and stir until blended.
- Feel free to add any of the optional ingredients or leave the batter plain.
- Drop tablespoons of dough (I use a cookie scoop) onto the baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart from one another.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown and set at the centers.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.