1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp natural raw honey
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
Coconut oil for the griddle
OPTIONAL: dark chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
Assorted berries or sliced bananas or apples
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, water, butter, vanilla, and honey until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt together. Combine the wet and dry ingredients into one bowl and whisk until smooth – batter will appear a little grainy. If you’re using chocolate and/or peanut butter chips, add to the batter.
4. Heat a large nonstick griddle or large pan over medium heat with the coconut oil (for waffles, use a waffle iron). When the pan is hot, use a ladle or 1/4 measuring cup to drop the batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
5. Cook the pancakes until the first sides are light brown (approximately 4-5 minutes). Bubbles will start forming at the edges before it’s time to turn the pancakes. Turn the pancakes over to do the other side (approximately another 2 minutes). I use a pancake spatula to do this, but prior to that I used a regular spatula and a butter knife.
6. Remove the pancakes and place them on a warm plate in the oven, covered. Repeat the process until the batter is finished – approximately 12 pancakes depending on the size of your pancakes.
7. Option to top pancakes with fruit upon serving.